Oh geez, this blog has been left to go fallow for quite a while. I’m giving up on trying to recap all the news of the past two(!) months and will just hit the highlights of what I have been up to in these past few months.
Sentinel Hill Press:
- We had our second annual ‘October-ganza‘ on the Sentinel Hill Press blog, covering topics relating to Call of Cthulhu and/or New England, including New England’s Islands, Boston’s ‘ghoulish’ history, and Native Americans in New England.
- Issue #3 will be ready any day now – I am awaiting my printer proof copy to confirm that the layout is correct, and once that happens, copies will start going out to our Kickstarter backers, and it will become available for purchase on DriveThruRPG and at Chaosium’s online store just after. The crew at the Cthulhu Breakfast Club flipped through an earlier proof copy recently on their show if you want to see a real life copy… in video.
- We continue to look for submissions for future issues of the Arkham Gazette – likely topics include Kingsport, Dunwich, and ‘Law and Crime’ but we are interested in anything Lovecraft Country related.
- For more about what’s coming next for Sentinel Hill Press, see this blog post.
- I was very pleased (and frankly flattered) to have a revised version of my Shotgun Scenario “Last Things Last” used as part of the free Quick-start rule set for the new Delta Green RPG, which completed a very successful Kickstarter campaign ($360k+). I’ve set up a separate page on the blog here to collect all the real play recordings, actual play reports, and Handler advice (and hopefully some commentary from me on the genesis of the scenario) all in one place. (I also pitched them a couple scenarios, but I’ve not heard back on those yet.)
- I have been adding more information and making corrections to my Bibliography of New England Gravestone Carvers. I think I’ve caught all the articles from Markers (the Association for Gravestone Study’s journal), up through issue #24 (as well as the first volume of the AGS’s newsletter, up through 1990).
Projects in development:
- I am still (sorry!) revising my scenario “The Smoking Heart” for the Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion kickstarter backers. Happily it will be released separately from the print copy of the Companion so my delays aren’t holding that project back. I am sorry for the delays. I’ve made a few stabs at the thing but keep being dissatisfied with the results and have torn it apart again. My apologies to the all of the Kickstarter backers.
- I am working on a scenario for a scenario collection. Slow going, but my deadline is the end of the year, so I keep plugging away, an inch at a time.
- I am also revising an old project, about which I cannot say anything else, at least at this time.
- Adam Gauntlett, one of my favorite RPG authors, has launched a Patreon account to fund his creation of more RPG materials. Let’s see if we can boost that pledge level, shall we?
- Yog-sothoth.com is running its 10th (!) annual Secret Shoggoth Yuletide gift exchange. Members should definitely sign up. I’ve done it every year and it is always a lot of fun.
Hopefully I will have more news soon!