Sorry for the lack of updates recently; real life has kept me otherwise engaged, stealing away those free moments when I might be blogging, instead insisting I deal with ailing family members, logistical luggage arranging, and (most recently) snow removal. Note to past self – budget more time for everything.
This is, however, a blog about Lovecraftian RPGs (and my occasional involvement therein) with a dash of my other hobbies, not a chat about the mundane adversities that strike anyone who is not a sociopathic millionaire orphan. Let us instead turn to the world of polyhedral die and polymorphic nightmares…
Podcasts – Despite some technical glitches with the feed on iTunes, the Good Friends of Jackson Elias have released another episode covering all the best game master techniques they’ve cribbed from other Keepers. (They’ve also set up a Patreon page to cover some of the show’s costs, so far netting them a princely $15 a show).
The muttering miscreant mavens of multi-sided mayhem at the Miskatonic University podcast had some technical issues of their own with episode 67. The audio for their first try was so poor they scrapped nearly the whole thing, save for the news from the Campus Crier section – including a lovely summary of the October-ganza on the Sentinel Hill Press blog; listen to that preserved fragment here. The redo attempt turned out a far better piece (in audio terms a least – who knows what bon mots were lost in the sonic catastrophe that was ep 67 mark I ?!?), covering the delayed release of CoC 7th ed, one player/one Keeper games, and Science Fiction (mostly gadgets) in Lovecraftian RPGs. It’s also that rare beast when all four hosts are (eventually) in attendance. But what of Keepers Shemp and Murphy-Joe?
Kickstarter offers an abundance of news, large and small, so let’s bullet point these:
- Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition – delays continue, backer displeasure increasing; Spring of 2014, maybe for the print versions. PDF of the players’ book and the Keeper’s guide are now available.
- Horror on the Orient Express – PDF out to backers, print materials being collated; maybe out by Christmas. Buy the PDF here.
- Horrors of War – They’ve picked the 8 scenarios for the first book.
- Puppetland – Funded, slowly creeping up
- the Dracula Dossier – (these two not strictly Lovecraftian, of course…) Jugular-deep in cash; I’m disappointed they’ve not taken up my idea for the Blackula Dossier. Prince Mamuwalde needs love (and blood) too!M
- The Strange Aeons Sci-fi meets Cthulhu Kickstarter has been cancelled. May be relaunched later.
- My friend Matt Madigan’s dark Noir book crime novel is still in need of some backers.
- There’s a new Kickstarter for very smart looking prop handouts for Masks of Nyarlathotep – already at 170% three days in. I hope they turn out well, because they’d make a nice match with…
- The Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion will be having a Kickstarter to cover printing costs in January!!!!!! (Joyful dancing)
In other news, Dreamhounds of Paris is now available for pre-order. Awesome!
That’s plenty for now, isn’t it?