Having already updated my new book arrival post once, I figured I should have new post instead…
The Unspeakable Oath #23 has been unleashed on the world. More than half of the issue is a lengthy scenario set during the Soviet Coup in 1991. Get your Spetsnaz action on, Comrades.
Modiphius Entertainment has started their own podcast. Listen here.
NecronomiCon is but two weeks away and I still need to wrap up my scenario and get some other prep work done. Back to the Brain Cylinder…
I’ve added a new podcast to the roster on the right side of the page, with a name of particular interest to fans of Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion – The Good Friends of Jackson Elias. The three hosts – Scott Dorward, Paul Fricker (of CoC 7th Edition fame), and Matthew Sanderson cover (in their words):
“the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game, but we will also talk about other games, books, films and general inspiration. Each episode focuses on one or two topics, and we will try to stick to these, despite our natural tendencies to digress.”
They have released four episodes to date (all recorded in a potting shed) and are definitely worth a listen. No word yet as to why they have not made it to the Chelsea Hotel yet…
A few quick bits to report, as despite the tsunami of political ads here in the US, there are other things going on in the world… of gaming!
Both the Miskatonic University and Yog-Sothoth podcasts (see links on the right) have been updated recently… And rumors of a new Unspeakable Oath episodes swirl. I guess Hecubus had a word with Shane Ivey?
I’ve also updated the 2012 Lovecraftian RPG release schedule to include a Deep Morgue, a PDF only scenario from new licensee Solace Games.
Finally, to my reader(s) in the U.S., please vote on Tuesday. I don’t get into politics here at TiP so I won’t tell you who to vote for (Hint, the one whose name doesn’t rhyme with Spit Omni) but I do encourage you to view this important message:
Odds and ends on post-fireworks day.
- If someone offers you Rogue’s Bacon Maple Ale… decline. (Unless you want to know what a house fire tastes like). Also, if you are choosing a bottle for your brewery, Pepto Bismol pink is not what you are looking for.
- Cookies that contain chocolate chips, M&Ms, quick oats, and peanut butter are delicious.
- We are down to a single section… no wait, just checked my email, we’re down to half a section still due for the Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion. Soon, my pretties, soon.
- I am starting a campaign of sending psychic vibrations urging the gang at the Unspeakable Oath podcast into making a new episode. Stare at the bottle of revolting beer and meditate on why they should record a new episode. I need more to things to listen to while driving.
- Speaking of podcasts, I’m adding a set of links to my favorite CoC related podcast to the sidebar. Enjoy.